Board Meeting
November 20th
Clubhouse
7:00 pm
Vincent Posey
President 
Jonathan Hoggard
Director 
Bonnie Herring 
Treasurer 
Randall Marrs
Secretary 
Jim Capasso
Director

October 16, 2019

October 2019 Meeting Minutes

Meeting minutes from the October 2019 board meeting.  

September 18, 2019

September 2019 Meeting Minutes

Minutes from the September 2019 monthly board of directors meeting.

August 21, 2019

August 2019 Meeting Minutes

Meeting minutes from the August board of directors meeting. 

July 03, 2019

July 2019 Meeting Minutes

Minutes from July 2019 board of directors meeting.  

June 05, 2019

June 2019 Meeting Minutes

Meeting from the June 2019 Board of Directors meeting.  

May 01, 2019

May 2019 Meeting Minutes

Minutes from the May board of directors meeting.  

April 20, 2019

April 2019 Town Hall Meeting Minutes

Minutes from the 2019 annual town hall meeting. 

December 05, 2018

December 2018 Meeting Minutes

Minutes from the board of directors meeting, December 5, 2018.  

November 07, 2018

November 2018 Meeting Minutes

Board Meeting Minutes from the November 7th, 2018 Board Meeting. 

October 03, 2018

October 2018 Meeting Minutes

Board Meeting Minutes from October 3rd, 2018 meeting. 

September 05, 2018

September 2018 Meeting Minutes

Board of Directors meeting minutes from September 5th, 2018.  

August 01, 2018

August 2018 Meeting Minutes

Meeting began with Jackie's manager report.  She reported updates and things that she now has gotten to go into effect that will benefit all members, such as constant contact.  Wayne then gave his report on RV Repairs.  Bonnie then followed with the treasurer report and news that we lost our bookkeeper but have hired a replacement.  Jonathan Hoggard was announced as the newest board member to take Byron Martins place. 

July 05, 2018

July 2018 Meeting Minutes

Vincent Posey, board president, introduced Jackie, general manager, to give the general managers report.  Jackie reported to the members that the sales manager has given her resignation.  Dave then gave the maintenance report and reported that the water tank was leaking so we have ordered a new tank.  The treasurer gave her report.  The floor was then opened to the members for any questions and complaints.  Meeting was adjourned at 8:45 pm. 

June 06, 2018

June 2018 Meeting Minutes

The meeting began with the maintenance report.  Dave discussed that the bulk head was going to be repaired, there will be new pool chairs, and sand donated by a member for the playgrounds.  The maintenance team is also replacing two 30 amp pedestals to 50 amp pedestals on two sites.  The board president, Vinny, introduced the new General Manager, Jackie Livingston.  Bonnie then gave the treasurer report.  Meeting was adjourned at 8:30 pm. 

May 09, 2018

May 2018 Meeting Minutes

The president of the board opened the meeting with maintenance reports, discussing things around the park that have been fixed and updated.  Following the maintenance reports was the General Managers report, discussing upcoming improvements for the park.  The president of the board then introduced the new board members for the positions of treasurer, secretary and a new board president.  

April 14, 2018

April Town Hall Meeting Minutes

The annual town hall meeting was held on April 15th, 2018.  The board members discussed business such as the reason for the increase in the annual dues for the year.  The president of the board closed the meeting with the announcement of the newly elected board members.  

April 05, 2018

April Meeting Minutes

The meeting began with the treasurer report discussing the financials for storage and collections.  Followed by the trailer storage expansion update and maintenance improvements around the park.  After the maintenance report, the General Manager gave his report.  The floor then opened up to the members to express their concerns and questions.  

March 01, 2018

March 2018 Meeting Minutes

NEW BUSINESS:  Discussion was held on placement of several income items to be captured on the 2018-2019 budget.  Discussion was also held on uncaptured income should be split between the Capital Improvements, and Reserve fund in an effort to build both. Byron advised that all delinquent accounts are ready to proceed to court.  Discussion was held to put the elimination of “free days” income to the usage fee line item on the budget.  Budget final figures sends $425 to the Capital Improvement line item for 2018-2019.  Discussion was also held on capturing the store income, and how we do it as a sideline of our main budget, as the store sustains itself economically except for salaries.  Perishable write offs will also be captured in the store budget.  Discussion began on BOD meetings being held privately, and Member Forum will be held after.

Notification to Commissioner of Revenue of Va Beach, of dues increase will be made by Gary before May 1st.  Discussion was held on adjustments on rules and regulations pertaining to the “exclusive” sites members.  Notification of disrepair will be enforced for the 2018-2019 camping season.  Any changes to “exclusive” sites must be approved by the BOD.  Herb advised that the “Declaration” for ICR mandates the “exclusive sites” must abide be the rules for usage fees, time one, etc.  Discussion was held on the possibility of adding sites in the cul-de-sac beyond site 198.  The fence dividing 198 from the cul-de-sac will be installed.  Cottages were suggested for that area.

December 2017 Meeting Minutes

NEW BUSINESS: Q3 review is set for January 18th at 6pm. Notice for Candidate submissions of resumes for Elections was decided to be sent as soon as possible. Herb suggested sending resume notice Jan 1st. All agreed. Discussion was held on date for the Annual Budget meeting. It was decided that February 10th-11th would be the dates for that process. Chris will advise Byron. Gary continues to uncover thwarting of usage fees and other issues of members are using to keep from paying fees they owe. Discussion was held on specific cases on past due debt. The computer sometimes does not reflect what might be owed, and is tough for members that pay cash. We agreed that members need to pay when they check in. Members are not checking in. Gary has installed a program to notify members the same day that they haven’t checked in that will help clean up the problem. Immediate phone calls will be made to members that owe $100 or over. The one out of ten members that owe are vicious to our staff. Lengthy discussion was held on the topic. Gary suggested that new software can eliminate most of these issues. He is researching the program. Closing date for this season is January 2nd 2018, with reopening March 2nd, 2018. Pond Storage repair is in progress. Big mound will be removed over time. 35-40 new spaces conservatively will be available for rent. Possible start date will be Feb 1st, 2018. Various lengths will be available. ICR will tow from Pond Storage, as it will be configured in a stack style format that we will have to manage. Water run off will be driven to the current ditch. Coral gates (2) will be installed in Temp Storage to eliminate misusage. Winter projects were discussed. Herb suggested that the opening in the middle needs to be installed for motorcycles. Chris suggested speed bumps should go to each edge of the road, and maybe a posted speed limit sign to keep golf carts from going around. Chris suggested the back road was done cheaply, and not for longevity. Discussion was held on a center opening in the speed bumps for motor cycles. No conclusion was reached. Gary submitted a list of maintenance projects that are not known to have been done or not. Conclusion of these projects will be reported at the next BOD meeting. Gary suggested that he will be going to project management software that is easy to use for the employees. The Walkway has been completed. Rusted electric pedestals will be replaced. Just the outside cover.

November 2017 Meeting Minutes

NEW BUSINESS: Chris advised that there is no New Business to be discussed at this meeting

October 2017 Meeting Minutes

NEW BUSINESS:  Keeping the Park open year-round is legal, and would raise the annual dues.  Maintenance will have to perform while members are camping.  Byron advised that there will be a question on the ballot for the membership to check if they want to be open year-round or not.  Byron suggested that if 51% of the membership voted to open yearround, then he would address when and how we could do it. 

September 2017 Meeting Minutes

NEW BUSINESS: Byron informed the members that a Q1 budget review was held the night before and ICR is in great financial shape. Suzy informed the members that we will be doing a financial realignment to bring storage fees in the same fiscal year as the dues. In January of 2018 members will be billed for 14 months of storage fees to take them to May of 2019. Suzy informed the members that she has resigned her position on the Board due to moving to Florida. Byron informed the members that we are soliciting resumes for the Treasurer position interim, until the next election.

August 2017 Meeting Minutes

NEW BUSINESS: Byron reported that the Q1 budget review would be held August 21st at 4:30pm or 1630 for military types. We are currently in the black. Chris added that the meeting is closed to members. Gary reported that our NO WAKE signs were removed per order of the Inland Game and Fisheries. Gary is working on replacing them legally, as they were not in a legal spot. An ICR member complained about the signs which provoked the visit by the IGF inspector. IGF will now be policing the canal. ICR is concerned about our Bulk Heading, and was advised by IGF to contact them for policing which will now include citations to boaters for violations including open alcohol, fishing license, etc. Todd suggested that we are probably preaching to the wrong audience here in the room, but please discuss boating issues with any of the board members, or Gary. Todd suggested to please not cast fishing lines out too far and leave them unattended. Gary reported that it is a boater safety rule recognized by the IGF and can be subject to citation. Chris suggested that members who witness violations, please video it with their cell phones, as each craft has a license number on it. Byron reported that other than the Fire Marshal for our suggested Game Room, ICR is in compliance with all others, and that before we open next season, Gary will invite the fleet of inspectors out to ICR for a volunteer inspection of the Park. Byron reported that we are still experiencing abuse of the staff by members. Byron requested that Gary and Jackie get involved and use their judgement to evict the member from the park. Profanity is out of control. Byron reported that courtesy and respect will be mandated. Byron reported that for members that are parked around the water way there is an easement(understood), approximately 5 feet. A member asked a child to leave their area behind his unit. Byron suggested that this will be an addition to the Rules and Regulations. 

July 2017 Meeting Minutes

NEW BUSINESS: Golf Cart storage is becoming available. 10 spots total at $125 per year each. 5 spots are at the water plant, the other in Trailer storage. New security protocol is first warning, then head of security visits, then if Gary has to visit the member will be expelled from the park until such time that the member in question requests a meeting with the board in writing. Byron suggested that personal problems with security or rangers should be brought to the attention of Gary. The Adult Lounge is complete, however some furniture is still to come. Byron invited everyone by to see it. Speed bumps are being installed throughout the park beginning next week. The Cove is making them ourselves. Speed bumps will not have the opening in the center. Member asked if a speed policy is in place. Byron answered no. Discussion was held on speeding penalty options, age of golf cart drivers, and how to resolve it through Gary. Member asked for the new Patrol House number, which is 757-407-1191. Pot holes were discussed and will be repaired asap. The handicapped restroom has been modified to include the removal of the threshold, and bars were installed in the seating cubby. Chris asked if a mat can be added for non-slip. Wayne suggested anti slip strips to be added to the epoxy grit floor. Discussion was held on the plan of the new game room at the front pool where storage is currently at with an entrance not on the pool side. Repairs must be made before it can take place, but it is in the works. Discussion was also held on the lack of access to the Club House. Gary will address. Member requested more activities for the kids during the week like they were last year. A new grass cutting protocol is in place showing on the sign in front of the store which of the 3 zones in the park will be cut on a certain day. Members complained about the grass being allowed to grow too high before cutting. Excessive rain this year has impacted the grass cutting. Byron requested the grass to be cut to the tree line on the first curve entering the park. Dave said he will if he can. Discussion on different ideas for the tennis court in terms of outside activities for the kids and families. Legal discussion was held on the bounce toy, and a waiver was suggested. Discussion as held on courtesy to the ICR Staff. Reservations closes at 5pm announcement made by Byron. Chris asked if the bike racks can be returned to the front of the store and at the back pool. Gary agreed. In addition, Chris asked about the pool furniture that was budgeted for this year, and when they were going to arrive. Gary agreed to have it purchased and installed asap. Herb requested that we put a barrier in to protect the playground behind the front pool against snakes.

June 2017 Meeting Minutes

NEW BUSINESS: Byron lead off with conduct toward staff members. Suggested if a member as a frustration, please direct it to himself, or Gary. By the same token, please report any misconduct by staff members to Gary or Byron. Updating of Rules and Bylaws is in progress, and a vote will come when Herb returns. Store inventory was discussed. Levels are good. We’ve lost on some perishables, however it’s a normal curve. Items are being geared toward higher interests to the members. Store working to get expenses paid internally. RV supplies and equipment products expanding. Our liquor license has been applied for to include wine. Waiting on response. Firewood is now $5 for 6 pieces for oak, instead of $3 for 6 pieces of pine. Wood will only be sold during store hours. Security will not manage firewood. POS System is now dictating inventory automatically. Scan gun is now in use for speed of sale. The 5 Year Plan(suggested) was laid out in terms of priority projects including upgrading of clean water pipes, electrical pedestals, new longer pads being the most expensive. Other projects were also mentioned. 5 Year Plan to begin May of 2018. Project plan to be put on the web site. Other projects to be completed this year. Suzy asked about the Adult Lounge project. Wayne said it would start next week. Byron asked for member’s ideas as well to be put in the suggestion box. Storage lot inventory is now completely accounted for. Todd suggested to the members that if you see an offense, say something to Gary. Wifi was discussed. Cox will not allow us to upgrade the Wifi without including cable. The cost is prohibitive. Gary will be searching for other Wifi only sources, and calculate what part of the work our staff can do. Member suggested Hughes Net that works off Satellite. Gary suggested a $100 bonus to a member who brings a new member in that purchases a membership. Also suggested was an RV Open House, which will be reviewed by the BOD.

May 2017 Meeting Minutes

NEW BUSINESS: Byron reported that the current late fee of $25 for storage and dues after 30 days will be reverting to the Bylaws regulation of 18% late fee after 30 days. Discussion was held, and the board members agreed. Discussion was held on bumping reservations. The rule is that members can reserve 60 days out. Members can reserve their guests 30 days out. Between the 30 days out and 15 days out, a member can bump a guest from their reservation. Discussion was held on a guest abusing the bumping rule by reserving the rental for themselves, then last minute changing to a site, and having their guest take the rental, causing another guest to lose their reserved guest rental. Certain members are phoning in at their convenience to find out who they can bump. This practice is causing issues in the office. Suzy stated the rule for the congregation and further discussion was held. Member suggested that a member should not be able to bump a rental reservation that has a deposit on it. Herb further clarified the rule to say that a member cannot bump another member or guest on a site when there are other sites available. Suzy suggested we amend the rule to state basically “no bumping with other sites available”. Further discussion was held on how to amend the rule. Chris suggested that last reserved guest is the first to get bumped, but Gary pointed out that, that policy would cause larger unexpected issues. Holiday weekends were identified as the problem. Gary explained that problem members would be kicked up to him for resolution, so that reservations would keep moving. Chris suggested a no bumping policy with a “cancelation waiting list”. Gary stated that we have one, but we could inform members better of its existence. Chris suggested that members know the Holiday sell out possibility and should plan accordingly, and no bumping should be allowed on holiday weekends. Gary resolved the issue that started the problem. Herb confirmed blackout dates applying to Coast to Coasters. Chris suggested that we make a Bylaw to resolve the issue as the Cove gets more memberships. Herb suggested that the topic be further discussed as a board. Members pointed out other ways that the rules on reservations are being manipulated. Member suggested that if a member is reserving the rental, they are stuck with it. Also suggested was that rentals are firm at 30 days and not up to 15 days. It was decided that the board would discuss further before taking action. Byron pointed out that some of the Rules and Regulations will be cleaned up for clarification. Example: the pool times and openings will follow the contract with the pool service. Herb pointed out that until we get the permits from the City the pools cannot open regardless if they were ready or not. Chris clarified that the pools will be open from Memorial Day to Labor Day with the back pool being extended until the end of September. Discussion was held on the availability of firewood. Resolution was that firewood would be sold during store hours. Gary pointed out that theft was an issue. Gary suggested the store close on Holiday weekends when the business stops. Discussion was held on pricing. Gary will set the price at $1 a stick.

Please reload

Our Address

Contact Us

1053 Sandbridge Road

Virginia Beach, VA  23456

TEL: 757-426-2601

E-MAIL: reservations@indian-cove.com

We Accept

Show More

Follow Us

  • Facebook
  • Instagram

© 2017 by Indian Cove Resort Proudly created with Wix.com